City Council adopted Ordinance 771 on June 3, 2019 amending Chapter 10 Fire Prevention and Control concerning fireworks in the City. The change in ordinance is based on the change in State law and effects the following:
The ignition, discharge, or use of consumer fireworks shall be limited to the following days after 11:00 A.M.:
- December 31 until 1 A.M. on January 1
- The Saturday and Sunday immediately preceding Memorial Day until 11:45 P.M. on each of those days
- June 29 to July 4 until 11:45 P.M. on each of those days
- July 5, if that date is a Friday or Saturday, until 11:45 P.M.
- The Saturday and Sunday immediately preceding Labor Day until 11:45 P.M. on each of those days
The ordinance takes effect June 18, 2019.
For a complete copy of the ordinance, please click here.