The detour of southbound US-31 traffic on Lake Street and Ingalls Avenue in Petoskey is expected to end next week (week of May 27) as reconstruction work progresses.
Contractors are nearing completion of reconstruction work on US-31 between the Mitchell Street Bridge and Lake Street, which will allow southbound US-31 traffic to return to that portion of the highway.
- The switch is tentatively expected to occur on Tuesday, May 28, but is weather and construction progress dependent.
- During the next phase of construction, Lake Street will be closed between US-31 and Petoskey Street.
- Southbound US-31 traffic will access the downtown area on Mitchell Street.
- Lake Street west of US-31 will be open to westbound traffic but will be closed to eastbound traffic, with the exception of emergency vehicles.
- Northbound US-31 traffic will remain detoured on Mitchell Street, Division Street, Arlington Avenue, and MacDonald Drive until late June.