There are multiple ways to register to vote or change your registration status.
1. Visit your local City Clerk's office for an application.
2. Stop by a Secretary of State Branch Office.
3. Complete a mail-in registration form and send it to your local Clerk.
to view voter registration application.
to view change of address application.
Only City of Petoskey registered voters in all four wards vote at the Grand Unity Event Center, 1106 Charlevoix Avenue, Petoskey, from 7:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. on the date of the election.
It is State law that you show photo identification when voting at the polls (i.e. drivers license, passport, etc.)
First fill out an absentee ballot application at City Hall or click here
for a printable version from the State of Michigan website. Complete and submit applications to the City Clerk, once received a ballot will be issued.
Yes. If you wish to be on the permanent list to receive an absentee ballot application for every election, please click here
and complete and submit the form to the City Clerk.
No. You are the only person that may pick up your ballot, or it can be mailed to you.
Yes. The people who may return an absentee ballot are limited to:
1. The voter.
2. A member of the voter's immediate family who has been asked to return the ballot.
3. A person residing in the voter's household who has been asked to return the ballot.
4. A person whose job normally includes the handling of mail.
5. An authorized election official.